IMDB Scores Challenge
Here is the link to a website which graphs the popularity of TV series over time by their IMDB scores out of 10. As an example, here is the graph for Breaking Bad:
I propose a game. Below I have put the graphs of 10 TV series with the titles removed. I've chosen ones with enough clues that hopefully they can be worked out. Answers are below.
Scroll down for answers.
- Red Dwarf which peaked in the series 3-5 region, but went quickly downhill when Rimmer left in series 7. After a misjudged move to a prison sitcom in series 8 it then had the unwatchable Back to Earth 3 parter. Finally we have two series commissioned by Dave which are back to form.
- The SImpsons. Peaked at series 3-8 and then went downhill. The peaks are mostly Treehouse of Horror episodes, while the bad episodes are Clip Show episodes.
- Dexter! Series 1 and 4 are considered the best (4 because of the ever brilliant John Lithgow) while series 8 is famously bad.
- Only having 1 episode in the third series was the big clue here. It is, of course, Rick and Morty.
- Can you see where Chris Evans took over the helm of Top Gear? Also noticeable are all of the overseas episodes.
- Scrubs made an interesting choice in getting rid of their whole case for series 9. It didn't work. The bad episode in season 6 was a clip show.
- Another one where having only one episode in the latest series was a clue. This was Doctor Who (modern). The peaks are Blink and Heaven Sent, which are well deserved.
- This one is harder because it is just so consistent. More than most shows there is a strong progression in each series towards a finale. It was Game of Thrones.
- Oh Heroes, you were so disappointing. After a phenomenal first season, the writers' strike cut the second season short which meant that it didn't deliver on any of its promises. Seasons 3 and 4 just floundered.
- Finally we have Skins. They rebooted the cast every 2 seasons, so 1 and 2 scored highly, 3 and 4 never quite hit the same heights and 5 and 6 were awful. 7 was a rebooted thing with some cast from the first two generations which I thought were good, but I'm yet to find someone that agrees with me.